Cloud computing and virtual servers are among the most important developments of the Digital Age. Thanks to virtual servers, organizations can now store their data in the Internet, allowing employees to have access to the same set of files and computer programs whenever and wherever in the world they may be.
These days, more and more organizations are moving their data from physical servers to cloud-based virtual servers. This is not surprising, considering the many advantages virtual servers have over traditional servers. These benefits include the following:
Reduced technology infrastructure spending – With virtual servers, there's no need to spend a huge amount of financial resources on hardware and software. Businesses with virtual servers tend to have minimal start-up costs, and they also spend less on software updates and maintenance costs because cloud computing service providers take care of such tasks.
- Information losses are avoided – Because your information is stored in a safe and secure location, you are practically immune from hardware-related failures caused by unfortunate events like power outages and natural disasters. You also don't have to worry about losing your information if someone steals your laptop computer or handheld device, provided that your data is backed up in the cloud. Within hours, businesses will be able to recover lost data, reducing downtime and loss of productivity.
- Mobility – Employees can work practically anywhere as long as they have Internet connectivity. If they need to access data while they are away from the office, this can be done easily, thanks to the information being stored in virtual servers. Telecommuting from home or from other places like cafés can also become a viable option for organizations who want to improve their employees' work-life balance.
- Increased collaboration and productivity – Connecting to virtual servers allows employees to snyc up, communicate, and share files more easily. By being able to work on the same documents, files, or applications all at the same time, employees experience increased productivity, and they get to finish tasks more easily.
- Flexibility, scalability, and upgradeability – Based on your organizations' needs, you can easily scale up or scale down when it comes to things like bandwidth and software requirements. Your service provider can easily manage these for you.
- Less energy consumption – Companies can save upwards of 30 percent in energy expenses when they don't rely on a physical server that is consuming power all the time and requires cooling. But on top of reduced energy expenditure, you can also feel good in knowing that using a virtual server reduces your carbon and environmental footprint.
Please call LeBlanc Communications today at 203-493-0267 to learn more about our virtual server services. We can help you determine the right cloud solutions for your business by reviewing your current server infrastructure and then presenting you with comparable virtual alternatives that are cost effective and high performance.